It’s been a crazy couple of weeks on my end. Between the end of the semester project, finals, and work picking up, I find I’ve had very little time to just take some time to let my brain relax.
I’ve found I’m running into 2 things:
- Mental fatigue – Even small tasks and decisions are feeling like larger tasks.
- Eye strain – Most of my work and school work are on the computer, and staring at a screen for up to 20 hrs/day has also been straining my eyes.
My goal for the next couple of months is to find a routine that helps me balance the work and time spent on the computer. To do that, I’m going to try:
- Pacing my workload (and plan out my week on Sundays to keep myself accountable, because this is a big one) .
- Identify and do some work that can be done while not looking at the computer screen.
- Fitting in more exercise and outdoors activities to clear my head.
- Take Saturday and/or Sunday mornings to do fun things and try to get off the computer for a bit.
What do you try to do to stave off mental fatigue and eye strain? I’d love to hear what you do!